Zermatt is home to the Matterhorn
Famous for its magnificent long ski runs
January 24 – February 1, 2020
Zermatt is a scenic, car-free village with a medieval center and provides a great base for some of the best skiing in the Alps. Three main ski areas, the Sunnegga, the Gornergrat, and the Klein Matterhorn, offer world-class excitement for every level of skier. The ski areas surrounding Zermatt provide 250 kilometers (156 miles) of trails with 71 lifts to transport skiers. The longest run is from the Klein Matterhorn into town – 13 km. At 3820m (12,500ft) the Klein Matterhorn lift is the highest cable car in the world.
Ski area statistics
Top Elevation: 3820m / 12,500 ft
Beginner 23% Intermediate 44% Expert 33%
1 rack railway with 18 railcars1 high speed underground cable railway17 aerial cable cars/trams6 gondola ski lifts14 chair lifts34 surface ski lifts Uphill capacity: 64500 p/h.
Ski across the border to Cervinia, Italy for lunch.
We will be staying at the 3* Hotel Perren in Zermatt
“Garden of relaxation” includes Finnish (pine) and stone saunas, aroma grotto and fitness room. Check the site for more details.
Buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner included.
Walk 200m to the lifts or take the shuttle bus.
- Flying from Toronto to Zurich via Air Canada
- Return flight Geneva to Toronto via Montreal
- 7 nights accommodation
- Buffet breakfast and 3 course dinner each day
- 6 day Zermatt/Cervinia international ski pass
- Air Canada is currently not charging a fee to check in a ski/boot bag combo as a 2nd piece of check-in luggage.
It is the client’s responsibility to check the latest rules prior to departure as they may change at any time.
- Taxes: INCLUDED are all current fuel surcharges and flight taxes, however in these volatile times, we retain the right to add or remove any surcharges applied by the airlines before tickets are issued.
The current “fuel surcharge” of $480.00 is guaranteed not to change
Important dates and payment information:
- Deposit and insurance are non-refundable
- Deposit: cheque for $400 per person deposit + optional insurance payable on October 9, 2019, payable to The Vacation Station.
- Balance: Final Balance $ 3,235 due November 8, 2019, payable to The Vacation Station.
- Deposit and balance cheques must be received by the club within 10 days of registration or your spot will be forfeited.
SOLD OUT. – $3,635* CDN including all taxes and transfers/based on double occupancy
European Union countries require Canadian citizens to have a passport validity of at least 90 days beyond departure from Europe.
Be sure you have at least medical and preferably cancellation/interruption insurance for a ski trip outside Canada. This insurance includes coverage for medical evacuation by helicopter, standard practice in Europe.
Cancellation insurance may only be purchased at time of trip deposit.
OPTIONAL: Cancellation/Interruption & Baggage Coverage OPTIONAL: Medical Only Coverage (includes helicopter evacuation from mountain) 8% Ontario Sales Tax included in the above rates. Registration for this trip will be available Tuesday October 1st at 9pm.
0-59 = $230
60-64 = $242
65-69 = $258
70-74 = $292
75-79 = $390
0-59 = $36
60-64 = $44
65-69 = $57
70-74 = $80
75-79 = $128
80+ = $174+
Ages 75+ may have to fill out a questionnaire.
Download Policy Documents: allianz-medical-policy – allianz-trip-interruption-policy – allianz-all-inclusive-policy
Trip Leader: John Lawrence – Co Trip Leader: Jerry Mis
Important links, please read before booking a trip:
OPTIONAL: Cancellation/Interruption & Baggage Coverage
OPTIONAL: Medical Only Coverage (includes helicopter evacuation from mountain)
8% Ontario Sales Tax included in the above rates.
Registration for this trip will be available Tuesday October 1st at 9pm.