Border Crossing Information
New U.S. border crossing requirements are now in effect!
Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. has several U.S. resort destinations on the schedule. All members and their guests must have the necessary documentation required to cross the border into the U.S. and to return to Canada. Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. accepts no responsibility for members and their guests who are unable to cross the border due to lack of sufficient documentation. Members and guests, who are unable to cross the border, will be left at the border and will have to arrange their own transportation home. Please be responsible and check the documentation required for either Canadian citizens or Non-Canadian citizens in advance. Without proper documentation, we request that you do not board the bus in Burlington.
Additionally, most plant and animal products are restricted from being carried into the U.S. and may be confiscated by U.S. CBP officers at the border. Please respect this restriction when planning to bring lunches or snacks to U.S. ski resort destinations, as the confiscation of items will delay the entire trip and limit our time on the slopes.
For additional information please refer to www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/agricultural-items
When crossing the boarder a Birth certificate and photo ID are no longer sufficient!
Required Documentation for Canadian Citizens:
To cross into the US, one of the following is required:
- Passport (recommended)
- Enhanced Drivers License
- Nexus Card
Required Documentation for Non-Canadian Citizens:
Please check with Canadian Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection for necessary documentation.
Original documents are required.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent or guardian and must have requisite documentation. Please see https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children
This will also be enforced by Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. to ensure the safety of all members and their guests.
For all U.S. destinations:
- Bus fees and lift tickets are payable in Canadian funds on the bus. It is recommended you bring U.S. currency should you wish to purchase food and beverages at the resort.
- On the bus, all members and guests must have their documentation on their person, not in their luggage. This will minimize delays at the border.
- When arriving at the border please listen to the bus captain. Please be quiet while documentation is being checked by Customs officials. Only speak if you are asked by the Customs officials. This will minimize delays at the border and get us all on the slopes sooner.
- All children must have appropriate identification including letters of authorization signed by a parent or guardian.
- The Ontario Health Plan does not cover the full cost of accidents in the U.S. If you are not covered by another health plan, purchasing additional medical insurance, available at CAA and other travel agencies, is recommended.