2024 Day Trips
Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. operates chartered day trips to resorts and clubs in southern Ontario and northern New York State, following all applicable government recommended protocols to protect the health and wellness of our members.
Buses are scheduled for mid-week and weekend day trips, to a variety of locations. Please refer below to our day trip schedule, policies and procedures for the upcoming ski season.
|Adult Member (18 & over)||$30||Child/Youth Member (ages 6-17)||$10|
|Adult Guest (18 & over)||$45||Child/Youth Guest (ages 6-17)||$20|
Age 5 & under are always free. Guests pay member price on Guest Appreciation day.
Lift Ticket Costs:
Lift ticket prices and group rate reductions vary from resort to resort and by day of the week. Costs will be posted on the website when trips become available, open for registration
All prices are in Canadian dollars paid on-line by PayPal/Credit Card at time of booking.
Members can register guests. The number of guests per member is unrestricted however we ask that once a guest “tries out our club twice” they’ll need to become members to continue enjoying the benefits of the club.
2024 Day Trip Schedule
Day trip schedule is subject to change at any time to offer our members the best club skiing opportunities.
|1||Holimont, USA – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 3||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|2||Holiday Valley, USA (Guest Appreciation Day)||Sat., Jan. 6||9:00 AM 7:00 PM|
|3||Horseshoe Valley (Guest Appreciation Day)||Sun., Jan. 7||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|4||Blue Mountain – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 10||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|5||Holiday Valley, USA||Sat., Jan. 13||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|6||Craigleith Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 17||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|7||Mount St. Louis Moonstone||Sun., Jan. 21||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|8||Holimont, USA – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan 24||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|9||Horseshoe Valley (Night Skiing 3:30 – 9:00 pm)||Sat., Jan. 27||1:00 PM 11:00 PM|
|10||Osler Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 31||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|11||Beaver Valley||Fri.., Feb. 2||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|12||Holiday Valley, USA||Sun., Feb. 4||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|13||Holiday Valley, USA – Cabin Fever Day – Book by Saturday 9 pm||Tue., Feb. 6||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|14||Holimont, USA – Book by Monday 7 pm||Thur., Feb. 8||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|15||Kissing Bridge, USA||Sat., Feb. 10||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|16||Osler Bluff Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 14||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|17||Devil’s Glen Ski Club||Fri., Feb. 16||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|18||Holiday Valley, USA – Family Day – Book by Thursday 9 pm||Mon., Feb. 19||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|19||Alpine Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 21||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|20||Horseshoe Valley||Sat., Feb. 24||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|21||Holiday Valley, USA||Sun., Feb. 25||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|22||Osler Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 28||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|23||Georgian Peaks – Book by Monday 7 pm||Thur., Feb. 29||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|24||Kissing Bridge, USA – Sloppy Slalom||Sat., Mar. 2||9:00 AM 7:00 PM|
|25||Holimont, USA – Book by Monday 7 pm||Wed., Mar. 6||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|26||Devil’s Glen – Book by Tuesday 7 pm||Fri., Mar. 8||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|27||Mount St. Louis Moonstone||Sun., Mar. 10||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|28||Holimont, USA – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Mar. 13||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|29||Holiday Valley, USA – Cabin Fever Day – Book by Monday 7 pm
||Thur., Mar. 14||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|30||Holiday Valley, USA
||Sun., Mar. 17||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
CSSC Member’s Responsibility/Protocols
The protocols are subject to change due to recommendations and best practices within the industry and as mandated by local, provincial and federal government bodies, including our Public Health guidelines:
- Only members and guests will be allowed on the bus if they have pre-registered and prepaid online. No last-minute walk-ons allowed and there will be no cash transactions on the bus.
- When you book your trip online, indicate in the comments box if you would like to be on the same bus as another member. Provide their name and membership number if possible. Also include other comments, e.g. I’m driving and will meet the bus at the ski resort.
- You must remain on the same bus that you are assigned to and occupy the same seat on the bus for the return trip. No exceptions please.
- The bus captain will announce any special instructions specific to each resort before members disembark, upon arrival at the resort. (i.e., designated area for our group to change, lunch protocols/ reservations, etc.).
- It is your responsibility to call and cancel if you are unable to attend, to minimize cancellation costs. (see info below for breakdown).
- And finally…you are responsible to have fun and a safe day skiing with CSSC.
Note: The bus will park in the southwest corner of the Guelph Line (QEW) Parking lot.
Day Trips – Policies and Procedures
Know before you book:
- Bus fees and lift tickets are payable online in Canadian funds.
- Individuals 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult member (age 18 or older).
- On Day Trips, a member may bring as many guests as you like as long as you register your guests when booking your trip. You want to make sure your guests are committed to showing up as you are responsible for the cost of their bus seats. Please Note: the same guest is limited to join day trips up to 2 times before they are required to become a member.
- U-drive option – you can drive on your own and meet us at the ski resort but all U-drives must be registered on-line and prepay for their lift ticket(s) on our day trip registration page. Please indicate in the comments box, that you are meeting the bus at the ski resort. U-drives must meet the bus promptly at the ski resort to pick up their group lift ticket(s).
- Photos – Please respect your fellow members and guests that wish for privacy and refrain from taking their photo without their consent.
How to Book for a Day Trip:
The booking deadline is 7:00 pm Wednesday for Saturday and Sunday day trips. For mid-week day trips the booking deadline is at 7:00 pm on the days noted in the day trip schedule.
To book a day trip go to the 2024 Day Trip Schedule and click on the “Book a Day Trip” button as they become available. On the Day Trip Booking page carefully read the instructions and then select the destination you want to go to. Follow the instructions.
Members can book for themselves and as many guests as they wish to bring along. All members must prepay using PayPal/credit card for themselves and their guests. No cash accepted on the bus and no walk-ons allowed.
Spaces for trips are limited and are issued on a first come, first served basis.
How to cancel a Day Trip:
To cancel a Day Trip call the Club line at 905-332-4320 and provide:
- Your name and name of guests you booked
- Your membership number (found on your membership card).
- The destination and date of the trip
- Your contact phone number
Cancellation and “No Show” Policy
It is your responsibility to call and cancel if you are unable to attend, to minimize cancellation costs. Reimbursement of pre-paid costs will be as follows:
|TIMING OF CANCELLATION:||COST RETURNED:|
|Prior to the day trip booking deadline (per schedule)||100% bus cost
100% lift cost
|After the day trip booking deadline (per schedule)||Bus cost non-refundable
Lift ticket less any cost incurred by club (ie: cabin fever tickets are pre-purchased and non-refundable)
|No Show – no cancellation call
|Bus cost non-refundable
Lift ticket less cost incurred as above plus a $5 penalty.
Burlington Departure Time:
Buses depart from and return to the Guelph Line Carpool Parking, North Service Road at Guelph Line and QEW in Burlington. Buses depart promptly at 7:00 A.M except as noted on our schedule, so arrive early enough to give yourself time to park, stow your gear and get seated on the bus. When more than 1 bus arrives, please check with a CSSC Bus Captain for your bus assignment. Please note on weekdays the parking lot can get very congested, arrive extra early to get yourself a parking spot and carpool where possible.
Return Departure Time:
Buses depart the resorts for the return trip to Burlington as noted on the Day Trip schedule. You must return on the same bus as you departed on and occupy the same seat on the bus for the return trip. No exceptions please.
What to bring on a day trip:
- Mandatory – Valid identification (PASSPORT, Enhanced Driver’s License or NEXUS Card) for you, your family and your guests, for all trips as destinations can be changed due to weather or snow conditions.
- Membership card.
- Proof of appropriate medical insurance.
- Skis/snowboard, and poles must be packed in a ski bag placed under the bus.
- Ski boots and snowboard boots may be taken inside the bus, if they are in a bag and fit under your seat.
- Extra mitts/gloves, clothes in case it is colder than expected.
- Anything else you consider essential.
U.S. Border Crossing Information
Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. includes U.S. resort destinations on the trip schedule. All members and their guests must have the necessary documentation required to cross the border into the U.S. and to return to Canada. Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. accepts no responsibility for members and their guests who are unable to cross the border due to lack of sufficient documentation.
Please be responsible and check the documentation required for either Canadian citizens or Non-Canadian citizens in advance, and also check what food items you can bring into the United States for personal use, (to avoid delays and/or penalties), reference https://www.cbp.gov/travel
Without proper documentation, we request that you do not board the bus in Burlington.
Regarding COVID-19 testing and vaccine rules for entering the U.S. – As of May 12, 2023, noncitizen non-immigrant visitors to the U.S. arriving by air or arriving by land or sea no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Trips to the U.S.A. Bring Your Passport:
Please remember on all cross-border trips to the U.S.A., you must follow any provincial or territorial health requirements as applicable and you must provide appropriate travel documents.
- A valid PASSPORT (recommended)
- Enhanced Driver’s License or NEXUS Card. Your regular driver’s license is not deemed suitable identificationn
What You Can’t Bring Across the Border:
The following are restricted items that may NOT be taken into the U.S.A. because they may carry animal and plant pests and diseases: meat, fruit, vegetables, plants, soil and products made from animal or plant materials. Be aware that these items may be confiscated by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection upon your entry into the U.S.A. Please respect this restriction when planning to bring lunches or snacks to U.S. ski resort destinations, as the confiscation of items will delay the entire trip and limit our time on the slopes.
For additional information please refer to https://www.dontpackapest.com/
Required Documentation for Canadian Citizens:
Please check with U.S. Customs and Border Protection for necessary documentation.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent or guardian and must have requisite documentation. Please see https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children
For all U.S. destinations:
- Bus fees and lift tickets are payable online in Canadian funds when booking for the trip. It is recommended you bring U.S. currency should you wish to purchase food and beverages at the resort.
- On the bus, all members and guests must have their ID/documentation on them, not in their luggage. This will minimize delays at the border.
- When arriving at the border please listen to the bus captain. Please be quiet while documentation is being checked by Customs officials. Only speak if you are asked by the Customs officials. This will minimize delays at the border and get us all on the slopes sooner.
- All children must have appropriate identification including letters of authorization signed by a parent or guardian.
- The Ontario Health Insurance Plan is limited and does not cover the full cost of accidents in the U.S. It is recommended when traveling that you have additional out of country medical insurance. This may be available through the benefits plan at your place of employment. It is also available through most financial institutions or CAA.
Please be sure that you read, understand, and agree to the above policies and procedures before booking a day trip.