2023 Day Trips
Note: 2024 Day Trip schedule should be published in early December.
Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. will resume operating chartered day trips to resorts and clubs in southern Ontario and northern New York State, following all applicable government recommended protocols to protect the health and wellness of our members.
The Government of Canada removed all COVID travel restrictions as of October 1, 2022 and we are excited to return to our favourite USA destinations this year. We still need to take the necessary precautions due to the rise in COVID cases, respiratory syncytial virus and the flu this winter, therefore the Board of Directors strongly recommend that face masks are worn on buses for the safety of all our members.
Buses are scheduled for mid-week and weekend day trips, to a variety of locations. Please refer below to our day trip schedule, policies and procedures for the upcoming ski season.
|Adult Member (18 & over)||$25||Child/Youth Member (ages 6-17)||$10|
|Adult Guest (18 & over)||$40||Child/Youth Guest (ages 6-17)||$20|
Age 5 & under are always free. Guests pay member price on Guest Appreciation day.
Lift Ticket Costs:
Lift ticket prices and group rate reductions vary from resort to resort & by day of the week. Costs will be posted on the website as trips open for registration.
All prices are in Canadian dollars paid on-line by PayPal/Credit Card at time of booking.
The number of guests per member are unrestricted however we ask that once a guest “tries out our club twice” they’ll need to become members to continue enjoying the benefits of the club.
USA Vaccination Requirements:
Please note the USA continues to require proof of vaccination for travelers to the USA. Please bring your proof of vaccination when joining us on USA destinations.
2023 Day Trip Schedule
Day trip schedule is subject to change at any time to offer our members the best club skiing opportunities.
|1||Holimont, USA – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 4||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|2||Kissing Bridge, USA (Guest Appreciation Day)||Sat., Jan. 7||9:00 AM 7:00 PM|
|3||Holiday Valley, USA (Guest Appreciation Day)||Sun., Jan. 8||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|4||Blue Mountain – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 11||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|5||Holiday Valley, USA||Sat., Jan. 14||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|6||Craigleith Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan. 18||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|7||Holiday Valley, USA||Sun., Jan. 22||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|8||Osler Bluff Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Jan 25||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|9||Kissing Bridge, USA – Night Skiing||Sat., Jan. 28||1:00 PM 11:00 PM|
|10||Devil’s Glen– Book by Tuesday 7 pm||Fri., Feb. 3||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|11||Blue Mountain||Sun., Feb. 5||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|12||Holiday Valley, USA – Cabin Fever Day – Book by Saturday 9 pm||Tue., Feb. 7||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|13||Alpine Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 8||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|14||Holiday Valley, USA||Sun., Feb. 12||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|15||Osler Bluff Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 15||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|16||Bristol Mountain, USA – Extended day||Sat., Feb. 18||7:00 AM 8:00 PM|
|17||Holiday Valley, USA – Family Day – Book by Thursday 9 pm||Mon., Feb. 20||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|18||Craigleith Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Feb. 22||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|19||Holiday Valley, USA||Sun., Feb. 26||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|20||Osler Ski Club – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Mar. 1||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|21||Kissing Bridge – Sloppy Slalom||Sat., Mar. 4||9:00 AM 7:30 PM|
|22||Georgian Peaks – Book by Monday 7 pm||Thur., Mar. 9||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|23||Devil’s Glen – Book by Tuesday 7 pm||Fri., Mar. 10||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|24||Holiday Valley, USA – Mardi Gras||Sun., Mar. 12||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|25||Holiday Valley, USA – Cabin Fever Day – Book by Sunday 7 pm||Wed., Mar. 15||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
|26||Holimont, USA – Book by Monday 7 pm
||Thur., Mar. 16||7:00 AM 4:30 PM|
|27||Holiday Valley, USA
||Sat., Mar. 18||7:00 AM 5:00 PM|
COVID 19- Safety Measures for 2023 Day Trips
The health and wellbeing of our CSSC members and guests is our top priority and we will continue to operate with caution, to provide a safe environment. CSSC is continuously monitoring the restrictions and public health measures for the regions of Halton, Hamilton Wentworth and all ski resort areas. All participants must follow any provincial or territorial COVID-19 requirements, as applicable.
The following procedures have been taken by TOK Coachlines to provide a safe environment for our Club’s Day trips:
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are still installed in the front and rear of the buses to provide easy access for passengers.
- For air quality on buses: In keeping with CDC and provincial guidelines, MCI’s coaches use a combination of fresh outside air as well as MERV filtered recirculated air to optimize cabin air quality. Every 4 minutes (15 times per hour), passenger cabin air is completely exchanged with fresh outside air. Simultaneously, all recirculated cabin air is filtered with MERV filter every two minute (30 times per hour, which removes respiratory droplets and particles as small as 3 microns.
- TOK has installed a UV-C system (Ultraviolet light germicidal lamps) connected to the HVAC system which helps eliminate viruses, bacteria and mold in the air by 99.9% providing the most germicidal effect.
- After every charter, all buses will have the standard cleaning process which includes:
- Cleaning all the windows
- Washrooms cleaned and disinfected
- Floors mopped with disincentive cleaning solution
- All high touch areas are wiped with a Heavy-Duty Cleaner & Deodorizer concentrate which kills any bacteria and viruses that may be found on hard surfaces.
CSSC Member Responsibility/Protocols
The protocols are subject to change due to recommendations and best practices within the industry and as mandated by local, provincial and federal government bodies:
- We strongly recommend ALL bus passengers wear face masks when boarding, off boarding and travelling on the bus. Everyone should remain seated during the bus trip except to use the washroom. Consuming any food or drink must be in your seat.
- The ski/boarding equipment will be loaded on the driver’s side of the bus. This will reduce congestion at the bus entrance. Remember to practice safe distancing while loading or unloading equipment in the bus storage bays, to respect the varying comfort levels of other members.
- After equipment is loaded, please line up on the entrance side of the bus to board, keeping a safe physical distance. The seat that you take at the beginning of the trip is your seat for the entire trip. The front row seats are reserved for the Bus Captain. Once boarded, please refrain from exiting the bus to help reduce aisle traffic jams.
- Only members and guests will be allowed on the bus if they have pre-registered and prepaid. No last-minute walk-ons allowed and there will be no cash transactions on the bus.
- The bus captain will announce, any special instructions specific to each resort before members disembark, upon arrival at the resort. (i.e., designated area for our group to change, lunch protocols/ reservations, etc.). The resort guidelines will also be posted on day trip booking screen on the Club’s website. Please follow the guidelines, as you are representative of our club, and we want to maintain our welcome at the resorts.
- And finally…you are responsible to have fun and a safe day skiing with CSSC
Note: The bus will park in the southwest corner of the Guelph Line (QEW) Parking lot.
Day Trips – Policies and Procedures
Know before you book:
- Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. reserves the right to cancel any trip or change the destination of any trip due to poor weather conditions, lack of bookings and government restrictions.
- Individuals 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult member (age 18 or older).
- On Day Trips, a member may bring as many guests as you like as long as you register your guests when booking your trip. You want to make sure your guests are committed to showing up as you are responsible for the cost of their bus seats. Please Note: the same guest is limited to join day trips up to 2 times before they are required to become a member
- U-drive option – you can drive on your own and meet us at the ski resort but all U-drives must be registered on-line and prepay for their lift ticket(s) on our day trip registration page. U-drives must meet the bus promptly at the ski resort to pick up their group lift ticket(s).
- Photos –Please respect your fellow members and guests that wish for privacy and refrain from taking their photo without their consent.
How to Book for a Day Trip:
The booking deadline is 7:00 pm Wednesday for Saturday and Sunday day trips. For mid-week day trips the booking deadline is at 7:00 pm on the days noted in the day trip schedule.
To book a day trip go to the 2023 Day Trip Schedule and click on the “Book a Day Trip” button as they become available. On the Day Trip Booking page carefully read the instructions and then select the destination you want to go to. Follow the instructions.
Members can book for themselves and as many guests as they wish to bring along. All members must prepay using PayPal/credit card for themselves and their guests. No cash accepted on the bus and no walk-ons allowed.
Spaces for trips are limited and are issued on a first come, first served basis.
How to cancel a Day Trip:
To cancel a Day Trip call the Club line at 905-332-4320 and provide:
- Your name and name of guests you booked
- Your membership number (found on your membership card).
- The destination and date of the trip
- Your contact phone number
Cancellation and “No Show” Policy
It is your responsibility to call and cancel if you are unable to attend, to minimize cancellation costs. Reimbursement of pre-paid costs will be as follows:
|TIMING OF CANCELLATION:||COST RETURNED:|
|Prior to the day trip booking deadline (per schedule)||100% bus cost
100% lift cost
|After the day trip booking deadline (per schedule)||Bus cost non-refundable
Lift ticket less any cost incurred by club (ie: cabin fever tickets are pre-purchased and non-refundable)
|No Show – no cancellation call
|Bus cost non-refundable
Lift ticket less cost incurred as above plus a $5 penalty.
Burlington Departure Time:
Buses depart from and return to the Guelph Line Carpool Parking, North Service Road at Guelph Line and QEW in Burlington. Buses depart promptly at 7:00 A.M except as noted on our schedule, so arrive early enough to give yourself time to park, stow your gear and get seated on the bus. When more than 1 bus, please check with a Greeter/bus captain for your bus assignment. Please note on weekdays the parking lot can get very congested, arrive extra early to get yourself a parking spot and carpool where possible.
Return Departure Time:
Buses depart the resorts for the return trip to Burlington as noted on the Day Trip schedule. You must return on the same bus as you departed on and occupy the same seat on the bus for the return trip. No exceptions please.
What to bring on a day trip:
- Mandatory – Valid identification (PASSPORT, Enhanced Driver’s License or NEXUS Card) for you, your family and your guests, for all trips as destinations can be changed due to weather or snow conditions
- US destinations may require members to show proof of vaccination so plan accordingly. Please bring this information with you on US destinations.
- Face Mask
- Membership card.
- Proof of appropriate medical insurance.
- Skis/snowboard, and poles must be packed in a ski bag placed under the bus.
- Ski boots and snowboard boots in bags may be taken inside the bus, if they fit under your seat.
- Extra mitts/gloves, clothes in case it is colder than expected.
- Anything else you consider essential.
One Last Thing:
Please be sure that you read, understand, and agree to the above policies and procedures before booking a day trip.
U.S. Border Crossing Information
Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. has several U.S. resort destinations on the schedule. All members and their guests must have the necessary documentation required to cross the border into the U.S. and to return to Canada. Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. accepts no responsibility for members and their guests who are unable to cross the border due to lack of sufficient documentation. Members and guests, who are unable to cross the border, will be left at the border and will have to arrange their own transportation home. Please be responsible and check the documentation required for either Canadian citizens or Non-Canadian citizens in advance, (https://ca.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-canada-3/). Note: The US Border may require members to show proof of vaccination so plan accordingly. Please bring this information with you on US destinations. Without proper documentation, we request that you do not board the bus in Burlington.
Trips to the U.S.A. Bring Your Passport:
Please remember on all cross-border trips to the U.S.A., you must follow any provincial or territorial COVID-19 requirements as applicable and you must provide appropriate travel documents: a valid PASSPORT (recommended), Enhanced Driver’s License or NEXUS Card. Your regular driver’s license is not deemed suitable identification. Also as a safeguard, we strongly recommend that all members/guests have their proof of vaccination with them should we be asked at the Border even though many of the COVID-19 travel restrictions have been removed.
What You Can’t Bring Across the Border:
The following are restricted items that may NOT be taken into the U.S.A. because they may carry animal and plant pests and diseases: meat, fruit, vegetables, plants, soil and products made from animal or plant materials. Be aware that these items may be confiscated by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection upon your entry into the U.S.A. Please respect this restriction when planning to bring lunches or snacks to U.S. ski resort destinations, as the confiscation of items will delay the entire trip and limit our time on the slopes.
For additional information please refer to www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/agricultural-items
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, parent or guardian and must have requisite documentation. Please see https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children
This will also be enforced by Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. to ensure the safety of all members and their guests
For all U.S. destinations:
- Bus fees and lift tickets are payable online in Canadian funds when booking for the trip. It is recommended you bring U.S. currency should you wish to purchase food and beverages at the resort.
- On the bus, all members and guests must have their ID/documentation on them, not in their luggage. This will minimize delays at the border.
- When arriving at the border please listen to the bus captain. Please be quiet while documentation is being checked by Customs officials. Only speak if you are asked by the Customs officials. This will minimize delays at the border and get us all on the slopes sooner.
- All children must have appropriate identification including letters of authorization signed by a parent or guardian.
- The US Border may require members to show proof of vaccination so plan accordingly. Please bring this information with you on US destinations
- The Ontario Health Plan does not cover the full cost of accidents in the U.S. If you are not covered by another health plan, purchasing additional medical insurance, is recommended.