Jasper and Banff, Alberta Ski Safari
Friday, February 23, 2024, to Saturday, March 2, 2024
Join us for a ski safari! 3 days at Marmot Basin in Jasper National Park and 3 days at Ski Big 3 (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay).
Marmot Basin in Jasper National Park is one of Canada’s gems. The variety of terrain that include 91 named runs makes this an ideal area for all skiers and snowboarders who enjoy cruising groomed runs, alpine bowls, moguls, or treed glades, using one of seven modern lifts. With over 440 cm of dry, Rocky Mountain snow annually, Marmot Basin boasts the highest base elevation of any major ski/snowboard area in Canada.
After 3 days at Marmot Basin, we will take a break while enjoying a panoramic transfer to Banff along the Glaciers Parkway. The bus ride will include stops at Athabasca Falls, Columbia Icefield, Peyto Lake, and Johnston Canyon (weather permitting). Once we arrive in Banff, you’ll have 3 days with your choice of Big 3 mountains: Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Mt Norquay.
Experience modern mountain lodging in the heart of Jasper at The Crimson. All the adventures, energy, and excitement of Jasper are right at your doorstep. Trailheads, shops, restaurants, and relaxation all happen right there. The modern decor, hot tub, and indoor pool keep things light and fresh on the inside. And the views outside are nothing short of breathtaking. You can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle ($$).
Banff Aspen Lodge is located in Banff National Park and is located within the town of Banff. Make use of their convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and ski storage. All the modern-day comforts you love without any of the fuss!
- Round trip air transportation via Air Canada from Toronto to Edmonton and return from Calgary to Toronto including 1st checked baggage.
- 4 nights accommodation at the Crimson in Jasper.
- 4 nights accommodation at the Banff Aspen Lodge in Banff.
- Breakfast for all 8 days at each hotel.
- 3-day lift pass to Marmot Basin, including Jasper National Park pass.
- 3-day lift pass to Ski Big 3, including Banff National Park pass. Note: This is an IKON pass destination.
- Transfer between Jasper and Banff.
- All Airport transfers.
- All Taxes.
- Not included is $3.50 per $1000 contribution to the Compensation Fund (approx. $11/person). https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/ficav/
Important dates and payment information
- A $100 non-refundable application fee payable to Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. via Credit Card due on the trip Application.
- Application is on a first-come/first-serve basis. You will be notified of successful application within 48 hours and provided with a link to GendronSki’s payment portal where you will be required to register and pay a 10% deposit at the time of registration to retain your place.
- Final Payment, including any additional options selected, will be due by December 15, 2023, via the same payment portal (This is 70 days before departure).
- Cancellation details:
- The $100 application fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel before December 15, 2023, the 10% deposit is non-refundable.
- If you cancel after December 15, 2023, the full amount is non-refundable.
$2,995* CDN per person (based on double occupancy)
- Single occupancy is available for an additional $800.
- Non-skier deducts $550. Note: this applies to only those who do not wish to ski/snowboard at Marmot Basin or Ski Big 3.
- If you have an IKON Pass deduct $350.
- Land Only (no Air) deducts $525.
- Flight deviations will not be permitted. If you would like to make any changes you must book the land-only option and make alternate flight arrangements on your own.
Travel Insurance (cancellation and/or medical) is offered by Voyages Gendron and will be available through GendronSki once you’ve registered for the trip and been provided with the GendronSki payment portal. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Application for this trip will be available via the CSSC website on Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 9 pm.
Trip Leader: David Lord
Please email any inquiries about this trip to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT LINKS, PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING A TRIP:
*Pricing on all trips is subject to change due to circumstances beyond the Director’s control, such as fuel costs, tax, currency change.
When applying online for an extended trip, we trust that our members have every intention of completing the application with payments. Please note that incomplete applications or cancelling a trip after completing the application will result in a $100 administration fee, payable to the club. This fee is in addition to any penalties/forfeited deposits levied by 3rd party vendors.