Red Mountain, BC
Saturday, January 6, 2024, to Saturday, January 13, 2024
Red Mountain is back, with a chance to get your ski legs ready for the season! Typically, this is a good time for snow at Red Mountain. In the 2023 season in the same week, they averaged 5 inches of new snow a day. Red Mountain is the oldest resort in western Canada and is known as the friendly giant. When standing at the base you’ll see numerous peaks, many of which offer 360-degree descents versus runs that only traverse the front or back sides. The beauty of this type of terrain is that it spreads out the crowds and allows you to follow the sun. It allows mixed-skill groups to ride the lift together, pick different lines to the bottom, and for everyone to get what they came for (Beginner – 17%, Intermediate – 34%, Advanced – 23%, Expert – 26%). They also have inbound cat skiing for $10/run.
We will stay at Slalom Creek in their 2-bedroom premium condos on the slope side. Offering a true ski-in/ski-out experience. Each condo has a private hot tub, in-suite laundry, ski lockers, gas fireplace, steam shower, and spacious living areas. The building has a fitness centre and games room. Slalom Creek is within walking distance of the base area restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops.
Located only 5km to Rossland, the gold rush era “little city” will take you back in time.
- Round trip air transportation via Air Canada from Toronto to Kelowna including 1st checked baggage.
- Round trip transfers from Kelowna Airport to Red Mountain.
- Grocery store stop on the way to Red Mountain.
- 7 nights accommodation at Slalom Creek Condos.
- 5-day adult lift pass. Note: This is an IKON Pass destination.
- Snow Host guides.
- All taxes.
Important dates and payment information
- A $100 non-refundable application fee payable to Cedar Springs Ski Club Inc. via Credit Card due on the trip Application.
- Application is on a first-come/first-serve basis. You will be notified of successful application within 48 hours and provided with a link to Skican’s payment portal where you will be required to register and pay a $500 deposit plus optional insurance by October 8, 2023, to retain your place.
- Final Payment, including any additional options selected will be due November 22, 2023, via the same payment portal.
- Cancellation details:
- The $100 application fee, $500 deposit, optional insurance, and credit card fees (if payment is made via credit card to SkiCan) are non-refundable.
- If you cancel between November 22, 2023, and December 3, 2023, an additional $800 per person will be withheld, and the remainder of the trip refunded.
- If you cancel after December 3, 2023, the complete amount is non-refundable.
Note: SkiCan Ltd. offers payment by cheque or e-transfer (details provided in the payment portal). If you would like to make your payment by credit card a 3% administration fee will be added(non-refundable).
$2,950* CDN per person (based on quad occupancy)
- Triple occupancy is available for an additional $330.
- Add a 6th-day adult lift pass for $135.00.
- Senior (65+) pricing is available, 5-day lift pass deducts $180 each.
- A 6-day senior (65+) lift pass deducts $95 each.
- Non-skier deducts $600 each. Note: If you have an IKON Pass you would select the non-skier option.
- Land only (no air) deducts $820.
- Whitewater Day trip includes a shuttle to the resort and 1-day lift ticket, add $300 for adults and $235 for seniors (65+). We require a minimum of 15 participants.
Travel insurance (cancellation and/or medical) is offered by SkiCan with Allianz-Global and will be available through Skican once you’ve registered for the trip and been provided with the SkiCan payment portal. Please note that only credit card payments are accepted for insurance payments.
Application for this trip will be available via the CSSC website on Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at 9 pm.
Trip Leader: David Lord
Please email any inquiries about this trip to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT LINKS, PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING A TRIP:
*Pricing on all trips is subject to change due to circumstances beyond the Director’s control, such as fuel costs, tax, currency change.
When applying online for an extended trip, we trust that our members have every intention of completing the application with payments. Please note that incomplete applications or cancelling a trip after completing the application will result in a $100 administration fee, payable to the club. This fee is in addition to any penalties/forfeited deposits levied by 3rd party vendors.